Whether you have just acquired a puppy or if it is already mature, everyone can find themselves confronted with this problem. But why this sudden change in behavior ? What could be done to fix it?
You Need something funny to Wear when walking your dog?
Check Our awesome collection
What is a “runaway” dog?
A runaway dog is a dog that ventures out of its usual territory without the permission of its master.
It is important not to confuse running away with lack of recall. In the first case, the dog does not return when his master calls him. In the second case, the dog systematically flees by passing under or over fences or even as soon as he is not on a leash.
Why is my dog running away?
First of all, it should be remembered that some breeds are more predisposed to running away than others. This is particularly the case with hunting dogs, used to going in search of prey.
Of course, one should be wary of generalizations, because each dog has its own character.
it can be motivated by several factors that must be identified in order to be able to act accordingly. Thus, a dog can run away:
- because he is bored;
- because he suffers from a behavioral disorder: separation anxiety, HS-HA syndrome (hyperactivity, attention disorders);
- because he is afraid, especially of surrounding noises;
- because he wants to join other dogs or a female in heat in the area;
- because he lacks physical exercise;
- because he is hungry and must therefore go in search of food.
An element is often forgotten in the education process
Educating your animal is good, but it is imperative to think about Doing it the right way.
To do this, consider checking out This High-Value Training Course Here.